Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chicken with fruit cocktail


Yeah, you're reading it right! Chicken with fruit cocktail. Actually, I got this recipe from my Mama but she's using pineapple juice and chunks. Yesterday, I was thinking on cooking something yummy and something that my daughter will love. So, I checked my pantry and saw the can of fruit cocktail. I checked the ref, and saw the defrosted chicken drumsticks and I said "I know what to make today".

I was right, my 2 year old daughter loved it so much, because of the balance taste of sweetness, sourness and saltiness of it. It is always a hard time feeding her, but yesterday, she had 2 pieces of chicken legs and lots of rice. I was really amazed.

If you want to make your kids eat a lot, then this is the perfect recipe for you!

Ingredients:
Chicken drumsticks (about 800 grams)
1 meduim size onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can fruit cocktail
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 cube chicken bouillon or 1 tablespoon chicken powder
1 tablespoon oil
1 lemongrass
salt and pepper

Procedure:
Get a wok or a pan. Warm the oil and saute the lemongrass, onion and garlic, when the garlic becomes a brown, put the chicken and soysauce. Brown the chicken, then add the juice of the fruit cocktail and chicken bouillon. Simmer for 10 minutes and add the fruits. Simmer again for 5 minutes. Then that's ready! Best served with rice.

I can assure you that kids will love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment